A student who is admitted into a philosophy year or who will be completing philosophy prerequisites in first theology must follow the philosophy program procedures outlined below.
- Deadline for Completing Philosophy Courses:
- All philosophy prerequisites must be complete by the end of the philosophy year or prior to second theology, depending on the student's admission status.
- Any course proposals for philosophy prerequisites to be done
at a non-UofT/TST institution must be presented with documentation
verifying that the course will be offered and proof of registration
submitted to the St. Augustine’s Seminary Registrar before
- Philosophy Program Planning:
- A philosophy program will be created with the assistance of the Philosophy Counsellor at the student's initial registration.
- Each student will complete a Philosophy Course Planning Sheet, which is approved by the Philosophy Counsellor.
- It is the student's responsibility to give the approved planning sheet to the Dean of Students for his approval.
- The approved Philosophy Course Planning Sheet will then be given to the Registrar by the Dean.
- The Registrar will make photocopies and will return one copy
to the student, place one copy in the student's formation file and
the original will remain in the student's academic file.
- Changes to Philosophy Program:
- If students wish to make any changes to their philosophy program, they must first receive the approval of the Philosophy Program Counsellor.
- The student will complete a Philosophy Program Change Request Form.
- After approval has been received, the Philosophy Program Change
Request Form must be presented to the Registrar at which point an
Add/Drop form will be provided, to be approved by the Dean
- Monitoring Philosophy Programs:
Upon receipt of the final marks for the academic year, the Registrar will update each student's philosophy program and prepare a report listing students with outstanding philosophy requirements. At the beginning of each academic year, the Registrar will follow up with all students taking Summer Philosophy courses to verify that these courses have been successfully completed. All results will be reported to the student, Philosophy Counsellor, the Dean of Students and the Rector.
It is the student's responsibility to be familiar with St. Augustine's Seminary philosophy requirements and to ensure that all forms are forwarded to the Registrar to maintain the accuracy of their academic file.
Return to the top